About Fresh Carrot
We supply Fresh Carrot (Daucus carota L) to the consumer.
Carrot is one of the most popular vegetable crops. It is an annual or biennial herb.
In India mostly Asiatic carrot are grown. A carrot root consists of mainly two parts, outer flesh and inner core. A good quality carrot is one which has more of flesh as it consists of secondary phloem region where sugars are mainly stored. It is a rich source of Vitamin A, B, C, iron and also rich in sugar.Standard Quality:
Early carrots and small root varieties
- Well coloured - means carrots in any lot shall have the same general colour that is characteristic of the variety without the presence of purple or green crown;
- Fairly well coloured - means that the carrot has an orange, orange red or orange scarlet colour but not a pale orange or distinct yellow colour;
- Well shape - means that 95% of the carrots in any lot shall not be forked
- Fairly well shaped - means 85% or more of the carrots in any lot shall not be fork, or misshapen to the extent that the appearance is materially affected
- Smooth - means that 95% or more of the carrots in any lot shall not be rootlets to the extent that the rough, ridged or covered with secondary appearance is materially affected;
- Damage - means any defect or combination of defects of physical (external or internal) or physiological causes which detracts from the edible or bruised or growth cracks
- Root must not be less than 10mm when sizing is by diameter and not less than 8g when sizing is by weight.
- Root not is more than 40mm when sizing is by diameter and not less than 150g when sizing is by weight.
- For roots classified in grade 1, the difference in diameter or weight between the smallest and largest root in any one package must not be more than 30mm or 100g,
- For roots classified in grade 2, the roots need only satisfy the minimum sizing requirements.
The carrot will be of similar varietal characteristics:
Grading and sizing:
- Not woody
- Free from disease
- Size:15-20 cm
- Free from damage
- Well shaped
- Well coloured
- Carrots are packed in a manner, which will afford protection to the produce.
- Container will meet the quality, hygiene, ventilation and resistance
- Characteristics to ensure suitable handling, shipping and preserving of the carrots.
- The use or materials, particularly or paper or stamps bearing trade Specifications.